MAYVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
LIBRARY ASSISTANT II-III–TECHNICAL SERVICES: MEDIA AND MARKETING
DATE OPEN: Aug 6, 2021
DATE CLOSED: Aug 28, 2021
Mayville Public Library seeks an organized, creative, and tech-savvy individual to take over managing marketing and social media.
Responsibilities: Essential duties of this part-time position include managing the website, social media, and the production of program marketing material such as posters, bookmarks, and fliers. The person in this position will also oversee processing materials after cataloging has been completed.
In a small library, all staff help patrons at the circulation desk, but the person in this position will also help patrons to use their devices to access online materials
Qualifications: Candidates for this position should have at least an associate’s or technical degree or equivalent, as demonstrated by prior work experience or accomplishments. The candidate should have solid experience using word-processing software and/or creative applications and a desire to learn library-associated programs and systems commonly used in libraries. Library experience is preferred but not required.
Application Information: Applicant must complete a City of Mayville Job application (available on the City of Mayville Job Opportunities page) and submit a resume. Please see the link for a full job description. For full consideration, please submit materials by email or by postal mail by Saturday, August 28, 2021.
Mailing address: Mayville Public Library, Attn: Library Director, 111 N Main St, Mayville, WI 53050
Thank you for your interest in this position. Questions may be addressed to the above email, or you may call the library at 920-387-7910.
The Mayville Public Library is looking for our next Library Page! You can fill out an application here and bring it in to the library or email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
LIBRARY PAGE POSITION
Under immediate supervision, reshelves library materials, maintains materials in the library collection in a neat and orderly fashion, assists in other support tasks as assigned.
Routine work but requires attention to detail.
- Performs alpha-numeric sorting and filing tasks
- Arranges returned materials on book cart and reshelves them in proper order
- Shelf reads and straightens materials on the shelves
- Magazine Roll-over: done once a year to make room for the new year’s issues: must pull and discard outdated issues; move current issues to backroom and file in proper boxes
- Work on other projects as needed
- Work schedule: 10 hours per week (2 hours/day) Monday through Friday
- Temporary, part-time position; no benefits; 6-month probationary period
- Wage: $7.95/hr.
- Library is willing to be flexible with school and extracurricular activities
- Education equivalent to junior in high school
- Eligible for work permit
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and public
- Ability to follow detailed directions
- Ability to maintain a regular work schedule except in the event of school/extracurricular activities
- Ability to sort efficiently in alphabetic or numeric order, and to develop an understanding of the Dewey Decimal and Cutter systems of library materials arrangement.
- Ability to understand and perform assigned library procedures
- Good personal skills and ability to maintain a cooperative and courteous working relationship with public and staff
- Book cart for transporting materials to proper areas for reshelving