The Mayville Public Library is looking for our next Library Page! You can fill out an application here and bring it in to the library or email them to: email@example.com. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
LIBRARY PAGE POSITION
Under immediate supervision, reshelves library materials, maintains materials in the library collection in a neat and orderly fashion, assists in other support tasks as assigned.
Routine work but requires attention to detail.
- Performs alpha-numeric sorting and filing tasks
- Arranges returned materials on book cart and reshelves them in proper order
- Shelf reads and straightens materials on the shelves
- Magazine Roll-over: done once a year to make room for the new year’s issues: must pull and discard outdated issues; move current issues to backroom and file in proper boxes
- Work on other projects as needed
- Work schedule: 10 hours per week (2 hours/day) Monday through Friday
- Temporary, part-time position; no benefits; 6-month probationary period
- Wage: $7.95/hr.
- Library is willing to be flexible with school and extracurricular activities
- Education equivalent to junior in high school
- Eligible for work permit
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and public
- Ability to follow detailed directions
- Ability to maintain a regular work schedule except in the event of school/extracurricular activities
- Ability to sort efficiently in alphabetic or numeric order, and to develop an understanding of the Dewey Decimal and Cutter systems of library materials arrangement.
- Ability to understand and perform assigned library procedures
- Good personal skills and ability to maintain a cooperative and courteous working relationship with public and staff
- Book cart for transporting materials to proper areas for reshelving