- To obtain a library card at the Mayville Public Library, an individual must provide current legal proof of residence:
a. Valid driver’s license (with current address on card)
b. A piece of mail (phone or utility bill) or other proof of residence (checkbook, etc.) with individual’s name and current address printed on it.
- Adult library cards may be issued to children who are sixteen (16) years of age.
- Juvenile library cards may be issued to children who are six (6) years of age or have completed kindergarten, and to children through the age of fifteen (15)
- Library cards are issued for a period of two years.
- There is no charge for the initial issuance of a library card. However, a charge of $3.00 will be assessed to replace any library card lost after the original one issued. Any individual owing money for a fine or lost item may not receive a new card until the fine or replacement cost has been paid.
- A valid library card must be presented every time library materials are checked out.
- A valid library card must be presented ever time a library user wishes to use the internet. All children under the age of eighteen (18) must have a parental permission card signed and on file before they can use the internet. Please see the Internet Acceptable Use Policy for Internet Usage.
- DVDs, CDs, Videos, and games may be checked out only by an adult using an adult library card.