Mayville Public Library
111 North Main Street
Mayville, Wisconsin 53050
(920) 387-7910 FAX (920) 387-7917
Library Re-opening Plan – PHASE ONE
To our Library Patrons:
On March 16, 2020, the Mayville Public Library closed its doors due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The safety of our patrons and staff is the top priority of the Mayville Public Library. We are following guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Dodge County Public Health, the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Guidance on Public Facilities and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (Please see websites at end of document) as We prepare to open on Monday, June 15th with restrictions in place.
Essential Services will Include:
- Browsing the Collection – this will be at your own risk and please limit your time in the building to 30 minutes
- Checkout and return of library materials – all return items must be put in the Book drop
- Limited Internet Access (see below)
- Photocopying, printing, and faxing
- Curbside Pickup by appointment
The library will be open 10:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Mondays – Thursdays
Fridays 10:30 a.m – 5:30 p.m.
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Library Usage and Restrictions:
- We will continue to provide access for our patrons to library materials and resources as best we can under current circumstances
- Please be aware that things can change very quickly with COVID-19. If at any time an elevated health warning exists, the library will respond accordingly by closing the building, if necessary, until further notice.
- The drinking fountain is not available.
- The Children’s area two AWE computers are unavailable for patron usage.
- All library programming and events have been cancelled indefinitely except The Summer Reading Program which will be a virtual one, called “Imagine Your Story” via Beanstack and can be found on our website mayville.lib.wi.us . There will be a paper option available for those who do not have computer access
- Bathrooms are not available.
- All incoming library materials must be quarantined for 4 days.
- Cough/Sneeze Shields are up at the Circ Desk to protect staff and patron.
- The library will be open at 25% of the library’s total occupancy. The occupancy level is based on the total square feet of accessible sq. used by patrons (5,400) divided by 100 square foot per person = 54 divided by 4 (25% ) = 14 people including the staff will be allowed in the library at one time. This means 10-11 patrons can be in the building at one time along with staff.
- There will be only two public computers available. Time will be limited to 1 hour per day, per person. Patrons must reserve a computer in advance by calling the library – 920-387-7910. The keyboards will have silicone covers on it and will be wiped down, along with the mouse, after each patron. Hand Sanitizer will be available at each station.
- Internet usage will be for no more than an hour.
- There will be no One-on-One instruction between staff and patrons
- Newspapers (local, regional, and national) are Read-At-Your-Own-Risk – hand sanitizer will be available to use both before and after touching materials.
- Don’t feel comfortable coming into the Library? Our Curbside Pick-up will be available – please call to arrange a pick-up time at (920) 387-7910
- We highly recommend the wearing of masks in the library for staff and patrons
- Hand sanitizers will be placed throughout the building
- Maintain a healthy 6 ft. of physical distance between yourself, staff, and other patrons
- No groups or social gathering of people will be allowed at this time
- If you are not feeling well, have cold or flu-like symptoms, please do not come to the library
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) www.cdc.gov
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/
- Dodge County Public Health: https://www.co.dodge.wi.gov/government/departments-e-m/human-services-health-department
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Guidance on Public Facilities for COVID-19: https://wedc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/COVID-19-Public-Facilities-Guidelines.pdf
- Department of Public Instruction: https://dpi.wi.gov/
DISCLAIMER: The Mayville Public Library is not responsible for patrons using said premises. Patrons enter the library at their own risk – it is impossible for the library to keep all surfaces, library materials, public computers, etc. safe for public usage.