The Mayville Public Library moved our digital audiobooks from RBdigital to the Libby app as part of our OverDrive collection on Monday, September 14. You will continue to be able to browse, borrow, and enjoy all the same great audiobooks you loved in the RBdigital app, now available in Libby.
If you have already been enjoying the Libby app, there will be no change, other than you may notice even more great titles available for you to borrow.
Transition from RBdigital
If you currently have a book checked out in the RBdigital app, it will be available through the remainder of the lending period, so you can finish your title without disruption or risk of losing your place in the book. Holds will not be moved, but you may export your Transaction History from the RBdigital websites by accessing My Account > Profiles (access RBdigital at https://monarchwi.rbdigital.com/ using a browser). You can place holds on those titles again in Libby.
For the time being, you can continue to use the RBdigital app to access magazines through ZINIO just like you have been.
Getting Started with Libby
Our library is proud to continue to offer you a wide selection of digital titles for you to access anytime, anywhere through Libby, the one-tap reading app.
For those who have not yet tried the Libby app, all you need to get started is your library card number [and PIN number]. The Libby app is easy to use and will guide you through the setup process and get you connected to our library in just a few minutes. You can find in-app support, or visit the Help site or Libby Academy within the app for assistance.
New to ebooks and audiobooks?
In just a few taps, you can start reading or listening instantly on your phone or tablet. The digital library is available 24/7 without leaving home and is free from our library. Choose from bestsellers, fiction, nonfiction, books for kids, and more. Download the Libby app to get started.
The Mayville Public Library has re-opened. Curbside pickup by appointment is still available for those more comfortable with a no contact visit. Place your items on hold using the Monarch Catalog available through our website or call us at (920) 387-7910. You will receive notification by phone, text or email when your items are ready for pickup. After receiving this notification, please call the library to schedule a pickup time. When you get to the library at your scheduled time, retrieve the bag labelled with your name from the cart that is outside the library.
Mayville Public Library
111 North Main Street
Mayville, Wisconsin 53050
(920) 387-7910 FAX (920) 387-7917
Library Re-opening Plan – PHASE ONE
To our Library Patrons:
On March 16, 2020, the Mayville Public Library closed its doors due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The safety of our patrons and staff is the top priority of the Mayville Public Library. We are following guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Dodge County Public Health, the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Guidance on Public Facilities and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (Please see websites at end of document) as We prepare to open on Monday, June 15th with restrictions in place.
Essential Services will Include:
- Browsing the Collection – this will be at your own risk and please limit your time in the building to 30 minutes
- Checkout and return of library materials – all return items must be put in the Book drop
- Limited Internet Access (see below)
- Photocopying, printing, and faxing
- Curbside Pickup by appointment
REVISED LIBRARY HOURS:
The library will be open 10:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Mondays – Thursdays
Fridays 10:30 a.m – 5:30 p.m.
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Library Usage and Restrictions:
- We will continue to provide access for our patrons to library materials and resources as best we can under current circumstances
- Please be aware that things can change very quickly with COVID-19. If at any time an elevated health warning exists, the library will respond accordingly by closing the building, if necessary, until further notice.
- The drinking fountain is not available.
- The Children’s area two AWE computers are unavailable for patron usage.
- All library programming and events have been cancelled indefinitely except The Summer Reading Program which will be a virtual one, called “Imagine Your Story” via Beanstack and can be found on our website mayville.lib.wi.us . There will be a paper option available for those who do not have computer access
- Bathrooms are not available.
- All incoming library materials must be quarantined for 5 days.
- Cough/Sneeze Shields are up at the Circ Desk to protect staff and patron.
- The library will be open at 25% of the library’s total occupancy. The occupancy level is based on the total square feet of accessible sq. used by patrons (5,400) divided by 100 square foot per person = 54 divided by 4 (25% ) = 14 people including the staff will be allowed in the library at one time. This means 10-11 patrons can be in the building at one time along with staff.
- There will be only two public computers available. Time will be limited to 1 hour per day, per person. Patrons must reserve a computer in advance by calling the library – 920-387-7910 or by stopping at the circulation desk when you come to the library to see if one is available. The keyboards will have silicone covers on it and will be wiped down, along with the mouse, after each patron. Hand Sanitizer will be available at each station.
- Internet usage will be for no more than an hour.
- There will be no One-on-One instruction between staff and patrons
- Newspapers (local, regional, and national) are Read-At-Your-Own-Risk – hand sanitizer will be available to use both before and after touching materials.
- Don’t feel comfortable coming into the Library? Our Curbside Pick-up will be available – please call to arrange a pick-up time at (920) 387-7910
- We highly recommend the wearing of masks in the library for staff and patrons
- Hand sanitizers will be placed throughout the building
- Maintain a healthy 6 ft. of physical distance between yourself, staff, and other patrons
- No groups or social gathering of people will be allowed at this time
- If you are not feeling well, have cold or flu-like symptoms, please do not come to the library
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) www.cdc.gov
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/
- Dodge County Public Health: https://www.co.dodge.wi.gov/government/departments-e-m/human-services-health-department
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Guidance on Public Facilities for COVID-19: https://wedc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/COVID-19-Public-Facilities-Guidelines.pdf
- Department of Public Instruction: https://dpi.wi.gov/
DISCLAIMER: The Mayville Public Library is not responsible for patrons using said premises. Patrons enter the library at their own risk – it is impossible for the library to keep all surfaces, library materials, public computers, etc. safe for public usage.
Ancestry Library Edition (temporary remote access)
We have temporary access to Ancestry through Badgerlink that you can get from home! Please read all of the steps first and then follow the steps below to access Ancestry.
2. Under “Choose Your Library or School”, select “Mayville – Mayville Public Library” in the drop-down menu.
3. Enter your Mayville library card number.
4. Return to the library’s website by clicking on your browser’s back button twice*, then click here.
5. Start using Ancestry from home.
*You may not need to do step #4 every time. If, after entering your library card number, your device takes you to Ancestry, you can start using it from there without hitting your back button on your browser.
Check out the classes offered through Gale Courses in the Monarch Catalog. There are over 360 available including guitar lessons, Photoshop, personal finance, Microsoft applications, computer programming, health care certificates, and so much more! ENROLL TODAY! A new six week session starts on Wed. October 14. What class will you choose? Click here : https://education.gale.com/l-monarchls/
If you don’t have time to enroll for this session, future sessions start on Nov. 11 and Dec 9.
No card? No problem! Sign up for a virtual library card today to access our digital library collections. Click here to get started:
Have a question about virtual cards? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help!
Once the library is open again, come in and get a permanent library card. You will need to bring a photo id and something with your name and address on it when you come in.